Measuring the effectiveness of MFA is crucial for you to evaluate your multi-factor authentication system, enhance your security posture, and defend against cyber threats. By leveraging MFA metrics, you can clearly understand your security posture and compare it to previous baselines.
Moreover, you can analyse the data to identify any challenges in authentication processes or user behaviour that malicious actors could potentially exploit. MFA metrics also help you pinpoint weak points in your system or areas where additional security measures may be required.
Start by tracking the following metrics:
- Number of user accounts with MFA enabled – use this metric to measure how many users have enabled multi-factor authentication on your accounts. This helps you determine if you are deploying MFA effectively and efficiently.
- Number of successful logins – By tracking the number of successful logins, you can determine if your MFA implementation prevents cyber threats from accessing user accounts.
- Number of failed logins – This metric helps you measure how often users enter incorrect credentials when attempting to access an account with MFA enabled.
- Percentage of devices using biometrics for authentication – Tracking the percentage of devices using biometric authentication can help you determine if your users are taking advantage of the added security benefits of biometric-based MFA.
- Number of compromised accounts – Companies can use this metric to measure how successful your MFA implementation is at preventing account compromise.
If this has sparked your interest and you have any questions about improving your security, feel free to reach out. Our team of experts is more than happy to help with any queries you may have.